I’ve just found a little treasure sitting silently in one of the drawers of my mother-in-law’s house. I just couldn’t resist that and after a fair amount of begging I have that Gameboy Advance SP machine. Back in the days, during the beginning of 2000s I’ve heard a lot of this legendary game console but I didn’t have the chance to play with it and hack it. And I guess now is the time.
I’m trying to collect information about programming and hacking GBA SP, here’s what I have found:
- Nintendo GameBoy Advance (GBA) Programming Tips for Homebrew Software Development: A good guide that includes very useful links for GBA programming.
- gbadev.org: Forum related to everything for GBA coding.
- How to run a very primitive UNIX on a GBA: Well, just for the fun of hacking, anyway.
- ngine.de: If you ended up here, chances are quite high that you are either into Windows Hacking, Gameboy Advance development.
- Gameboy Advance Programming Tutorial: C/C++ programming info for GBA.
- devkitPro: A very good project for homebrew console development tools based on the GNU Compiler Collection with additional tools and libraries to aid programming each supported console. http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/
- Official Gameboy Advance SP Belgium Page
- Second hand gameboy stuff in Belgium
- Gameboy Product Manual
- Hack a day: Game Boy Advance MIDI interface
- Hack a day: Gameboy Advance GPS