My relationship with the Haskell programming language, my efforts to learn it had its ups and downs throughout the years. According to my memory and the archives of my blog, my first attempts had been around 2005 – 2006, more than 12 years ago. Back then, apart from a few books written by university professors, and some Wiki-based books, I couldn’t find much high quality material for beginners. Therefore, my efforts didn’t last very long. A few years later, I heard the news about a new book, “Real World Haskell” being written. I was excited once again, I even made a few comments here and there as the book was being written. Unfortunately, life happened, and I couldn’t spend much time on that nice book, too. Fast forward to the end of 2015, and I was working at a company in Ghent, Belgium where there were some Haskell experts, trying out things in an industrial storage system development environment. The teams that I was part of had nothing to do with Haskell though, my daily job was almost always about Python, Bash, ActionScript, Java, and some Scala. Nevertheless, being in such an environment rekindled my curiosity, and I decided to look around to see if there was some new Haskell books targeted at people who didn’t use this language before. Luckily, I’ve heard about the book “Haskell Programming from First Principles“, and I decided to give it a try. Therefore I bought the book, and started to read and study it in the beginning of 2016. Since Haskell was not at all used in my daily job, I could study the book only in my spare time, therefore it took me about 1 year to finish the book, doing most of the exercises. Read the rest of this entry »
Top Posts & Pages
- One year with "Haskell Programming from First Principles"
- Ekmek Şarap Sen ve Ben... Bir de kayıp giden güzel bir adam...
- Integration Course for Belgium: Completed
- Türkçe Dünyanın En Ahenkli Dili Midir?
- SentiWordNet: Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining with WordNet
- Kaynağın Aslı: Seçkinler ve Sosyal Mesafe
- Security tip of the day: Use htdigest instead of htpasswd for phpMyAdmin and other sensitive stuff
- Glial Hücrelerin Düşünce ile İlişkisi
- Faster, RegEx! Match! Match! (Which Regular Expression Utility is the Fastest?)
- İş Yaşamında Kaybedenlerin 40 Özelliği
Nikoteen on Türkçe Dünyanın En Ahenkli Dil… gezgincigiller on Çeviri Felaketleri – 9:… Emre Sevinç on One year with “Haskell P… mer on One year with “Haskell P… tarikcevik335@gmail.… on For the Love of Books: Turkey…